Built by the community, for the community, CanSSOC is an ideology and an approach. By bringing together a federation of people, technology and processes, CanSSOC is raising the bar for detection and response across Canada’s higher education sector.
CanSSOC’s community-driven approach aims to:
- Derive additional value for institutions by bringing together existing services, solutions and intelligence.
- Design and deliver services that are not viable on an institution by institution basis and reduce the work required to produce or consume services.
- Serve as a federating agency for institutions and service providers to enable national collaborations and services.
- Experiment with new services and service models driven by institutional needs and requests.
- Deepen understanding of the higher education environment allowing more adaptability to meet its specific and unique needs.
- Improve services and reduce costs for institutions and the sector overall.